What is Cryosurgery
It is a process of rapidly freezing tissue in order to destroy unwanted skin lesions. Cryotherapy has been used successfully in veterinary practices for over 80 years. Our practice is proud to offer this fast, safe, and effective treatment.
We will very accurately apply a very cold substance (nitrous oxide) to the pet's lesion. The tissue will scab, or 'crust' over within the next few days and simply fall off within the next 14 days.
Some advantages include:
- No sedation or anesthesia needed
- Treatments are quick, safe, and effective
- Procedures take between 5-30 seconds
- No skin preparation or after care is needed
- Can treat lesions around the eye
- Pinpoint accuracy
- Little discomfort